There are many communities currently considering opening Jewish Montessori schools. For most of these cities, the arrival in town of trained Jewish Montessorians could be the tipping point from “just talking,” to “now we’re really serious and we’re really opening a school.”
If you are a Jewish Montessori teacher and you are planning a move, please contact us. Your new city may be waiting for you.
The Jewish Montessori Society is proud to offer a job bank for Jewish Montessori schools, as well as some recruiting services for teachers. Please email us your position descriptions and resumes.
NEW OPENINGS as of APRIL 2016
The Gan Montessori School in Silver Spring, MD is seeking a passionate, committed Montessori guide to teach in our primary program for the 2016-2017 school year. The Gan Montessori is committed to the authentic Montessori philosophy and the creation of child-centered environments. At the heart of our school philosophy is a desire to create and maintain a connected community of parents, teachers, and children. We offer an exciting, supportive work environment and are open to all levels of experience. Candidates for the position must hold certification in either AMS or AMI Montessori teacher training for the Primary (3-6) level. If you are interested in joining The Gan Montessori team please send your letter of interest, resume and references to: theganmontessori[at]gmail.com
Manhattan Jewish Montessori is a Chabad community preschool reopening as a Montessori school in September 2016 with a pre-primary Montessori classroom for children ages 18- 36 months. Seeking a qualified and experienced Montessori toddler lead teacher, to introduce a Montessori program to the school and train assistant teachers. Excellent growth opportunity. Excellent salary and half-day teaching. Central Manhattan location. Send resumes to Raizy Metzger, raizymetzger[at]gmail.com
Small, independent Jewish preschool in NJ seeking motivated and reliable teachers to implement and promote Montessori philosophy and teaching. F/T, P/T and Extended Day options with competitive salary. Discounts for childcare available.
Please contact Julie or Marina at 201.894.8300 or via email at tenaflyshalomyeladim[at]gmail.com.
NEW OPENINGS as of JANUARY 2016
Lead Teachers, Olam Jewish Montessori Early Childhood Center, Irvine, California
Olam Jewish Montessori Early Childhood Center is a nationally recognized and unique program that implements an authentic and inclusive Montessori philosophy for ages 2 years to 5 years of age. Founded as the first Jewish Montessori preschool of Orange County, California, the Olam community has pledged to provide Jewish youth from the entire Jewish community a hands-on educational environment that allows our students the freedom and guidance to fall in love with learning, Judaism, friends, and the possibility of what they can achieve.
Olam Jewish Montessori Early Childhood Center is currently seeking teachers who are creative, energetic, and flexible lifelong learners. Individuals who strive and commit to meeting the needs of every child in a collaborative and inclusive environment, that will allow all children to have access to a high quality Montessori education are encouraged to apply.
We work in partnership to honor the long-standing tradition of our Judaic community, while integrating secular innovative programming, and to preserve the unique natural setting of the Montessori classroom.
- Lead Teachers develop, implement, and evaluate the toddler and Pre-K Montessori curriculum, and are responsible for providing a quality educational program that reflects the goals and values of the Olam Montessori philosophy.
- Responsible for monitoring the development and learning of the children, and for communicating this information to parents, and Director.
- Lead Teachers also supervise and provide guidance to Assistant Teachers.
- Curriculum planning and instruction based upon the Olam Montessori curriculum benchmarks and guidelines, the California Early Learning Standards, NAEYC guidelines, and additional supplemental resources according to developmentally appropriate practices and school values.
To be considered, candidates must possess Montessori certification or be eligible for or willing to work toward certification in an American Montessori Society approved teacher education program. Applicants are required to have a minimum of 12 Early Childhood Education units from a program that is approved by California State Licensing. Submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references for prompt consideration to Mrs. Dawn Kreisberg, Director, Olam Jewish Montessori Early Childhood Center(firstname.lastname@example.org)
New listings as of OCTOBER 2015
Please email resume at Mblyumin50[at]gmail.com
Jewish Montessori of Tucson, AZ is looking for a Montessori-trained and accredited Primary (3-6) teacher for their new program. Please contact Rebbetzin Esther Becker at ewbecker[at]me.com
New listings as of May 2015:
(1) Netivot Montessori is a Jewish Montessori school with ages Preschool through 8th grade.
Description Experienced Montessori Lower Elementary (ages 6-9) Teacher to exemplify Montessori methodology and assist children in their individual development within our Montessori environment. The teacher serves as a facilitator in the Montessori classroom and is responsible for the functioning of the learning environment and all aspects of its day-to-day operations. He or she will work with the Head of School and Director of Curriculum.
(2) Clifton Cheder: Growing Early Childhood Montessori-inspired program in New Jersey is looking for a dynamic, creative, nurturing, primary teacher. Candidates need not be fully trained but passionate about the methodology and are looking to grow and develop. Must have Early Childhood teaching experience in a classroom. please fax resume to 866-518-5682 or email admin[at]cliftoncheder.org,
(3) Moses Montessori in Miami Beach, FL is looking for Lower Elementary general or Limmudei Kodesh teachers, and/or a Primary teacher, both general and Limmudei Kodesh. Contact Deena Hadar at 26hadar[at]gmail.com or 305-785-3404
(4) Montessori Yeshiva of the Five Towns
New York fivetownsmontessoriyeshivah[at]gmail.com
Montessori Yeshiva of the Five Towns is a new mainstream Orthodox Montessori Yeshivah located in Woodmere, NY. We are a founded on the principles of developing in our students a strong connection to Torah and Mitzvot as well as academic excellence in all areas. This is accomplished through student led investigative study using pre-planned strategic materials in the classroom. Students are taught how to become independent learners and will experience the sense of joy and accomplishment that only comes with independent mastery of a skill or an area of study.
Montessori Yeshiva of the Five Towns is accepting applications!
Job description for Full- and Part-Time Teacher and/or curriculum coordinator positions:
- Teacher will help create a Montessori classroom (boys and girls, ages 3-6) that supports the individual needs of the children.
- Create an interdisciplinary curriculum that supports the development of the academic, emotional, physical, social, spiritual growth of the children.
- Responsible to maintain a clear, orderly, and attractive environment, including the care and maintenance of classroom materials and equipment.
- Employ assessment tools such as observations, children’s work samples, etc. to help make and implement instructional decision for students.
- Model and teach conflict resolution/problem solving strategies in the classroom, promptly reporting discipline concerns to the Head of School.
- Establish a positive relationship with parents and maintain regular communication with them.
- Develop and participate in parent Montessori education programs to help parents develop an understanding of the curriculum.
- Work with, train, and supervise an assistant.
- Participate in meetings and training.
- AMS Certification required.
Please email resume to Aliza Feder at fivetownsmontessoriyeshivah[at]gmail.com
Olam Jewish Montessori of Beth Jacob is located in sunny Irvine, California. Thinking of joining our team? We welcome your employment inquiries at olamadmin[at]
The Gan Montessori in Silver Spring, MD
Kindergarten Judaics teacher, Phone 391.593.1117 Attn: Chaya Wolvovsky chayawolvovsky[at]gmail.com, Theganmontessori.com
TBS Montessori in Miami Beach, FL
Montessori ages 3-6 certified teachers, AMI or AMS with strong Judaics. Please send via email tbsmontessori[at]bellsouth.net or fax (305) 604-9023. Attn: Debbie Serbin
Beren Academy in Houston, TX
Montessori certified teachers for lower and upper elementary, secular studies, for school year 2015-2016. Attn: Helene Lubel phone 713-723-7170 fax 713-723-8343 helenelubel[at]berenacademy.org
Moses Montessori in Miami Beach, FL
Looking for Montessori teachers and aides to join our team. Great opportunity in a growing school. Please call Deena Hadar for more information or email resume. 305-785-3404, 26hadar[at]gmail.com
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (Prospect Heights)
Hebrew-speaking asistants for early childhood please email avery[at]luria-academy.org or call 718.398.3290 attn: Avery
Chabad of the Main Line, Philadelphia, PA
Seeking two early childhood assistant or co- teachers, one for toddler class and one for Primary. Please contact Temma at temma.chabad[at]gmail.com
Derech haYeled, Kfar haYarok, Israel
Montessori elementary general studies teacher needed at Derech haYeled in Kfar haYarok, Israel. Please contact hila neumann hilacounselling[at]gmail.com
The Jewish Montessori, Los Angeles
Full-Time Teacher Position for younger Primary Class
Well established, small Jewish Montessori preschool in Los Angeles is seeking a Montessori credentialed full-time preschool teacher for our younger primary classroom (3 yr olds).
*AMS or AMI certification
*At least 1 year working in a Montessori preschool classroom
*At least 2 year experience working with young children (ages 2-3 yrs.)
*Be warm, loving, reliable, punctual and have a can-do, positive attitude!
*Have Livescan fingerprint clearance and current California First Aid & CPR
*Have EXCELLENT references that are willing to validate your experience.
*Be a U.S citizen or have a work visa, and able to read & follow verbal / written directions given in English.
Please email your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your qualifications and any other strengths you feel would be a plus in this position to: email@example.com
Chaya Mushka Children’s House, Atlanta, GA
Thriving Jewish Montessori school seeks two Montessori trained teachers
One preschool, one elementary
To Apply: Please email your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your qualifications and any other strengths you feel would be a plus in these positions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atarah Academy, Coconut Grove, FL
Atarah Montessori Academy, a growing private school nestled in the heart of charming Coconut Grove, Florida, is seeking an authentic and dedicated Lower Elementary Lead Judaic Studies Teacher for the 2014-2015 academic year.
We are a full member AMS school that serves the Jewish community of Miami-Dade County. Candidates do not need to be Montessori trained and we are considering any individual who is open minded in the field of education and would like to make a change to traditional Jewish education. We are looking for someone who will devote themselves and work alongside a certified Montessori teacher on implementing the Montessori Method with authenticity and sincerity. Our work environment is collaborative and supportive and we are looking for someone that can be a team player but is also self-motivated and creative.
Qualified candidates please reply with cover letter, resume and contact information. If you are interested in relocating to the Miami area for this position we can conduct interviews with qualified candidates via phone and the Internet.
Please visit our website: http://atarah-academy.org/
**Training Seminar with Rabbi Jonathan Rietti, Brooklyn NY (www.breakthroughchinuch.com)
Bachelors in education preferred
One year or more classroom teaching experience preferred
Passion for authentic Montessori practices
Respect for Jewish tradition and culture
Competitive salary for qualified candidates
** Atarah Academy may offer to reimburse partial tuition cost for training for qualifying candidates.
Darko Learning Academy, Los Angeles, CA
Montessori Elementary Teacher (Ages 6-12)
Darko Learning Academy located in Los Angeles, CA is looking for Montessori trained/certified teachers for our Elementary classrooms serving ages 6-12 for the 2014-2015 school year.
Darko LA is an Orthodox Jewish school with a young and growing school community with a solid history and strong reputation of providing quality Jewish Montessori-inspired education. The successful candidate must have Montessori training and/or a degree/credential in elementary education, must be eligible to work in the United States and have the ability to pass a health exam, TB Test, and background clearance check prior to beginning work.
Qualities and competencies desired for best fit in this position include:
• High energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and positive attitude
• Passion for teaching and love of children
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff and administration to enhance curriculum and school community
• Ability to communicate effectively with parents
• Commitment to professional development and growth
• Commitment to respecting and meeting the needs of each child as a unique individual
• Desire to exceed the basic job requirements to establish and build a successful program that educates and enriches children’s lives at the highest level
Please submit a resume and a one page essay covering a topic of your choice to: Admin@DarkoLA.org
For the positions mentioned above if there is no contact information or if you would like to discuss further, please email email@example.com or call Ami at 917.494.3253.